I had one MP and one Mk5 side by side on my table for a yr. I could not tell.... as an operator... the difference. Advice is to choose based on front panel controls... which do u like, and on price/age of radio.

I still think the MP is the secret best buy in ham radio today..... remember EVERYONE was lusting for one only a few yrs ago and winning with them. Functionally (leaving aside the marginal differences in specs for a moment), what is now sold that is better? More bells, but better performance THAT ONE CAN HEAR..... I doubt it. But do put in the ICE mods and the roofing filter.

73,

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]