Ain't nobody getting any younger, Dave!  At least if they are, he should patent
his secret and sell it.

  On a serious point, I felt that it was always the older members of the hobby
who wished to preserve cw as an entry criterion for the HF bands - something
which I always considered to be ridiculous (no, I'm NOT trying to re-open the
code/no-code debate).

  Interestingly, I always said that there was no way I'd ever mess about
operating cw, and only did the test to get my ticket.  The mode held no
interest for me at all.  But then one day I bought an all-mode TNC at a hamfest
- actually to send/receive RTTY - so I hooked it up to my computer and started
to use it.  Incidentally it also worked for cw, so it rather "got me into"
using the mode on the bands just out of interest.

  Strangely, I look at my log book these days and I'd say that cw is the mode
that I use the most.  As you imply, it's probably an age thing.  I still send
from the keyboard, though use Human Brain Mark #1 for decoding.  More grey
hairs - of which I now have many - means more cw operating, perhaps?

  I shall practice sitting on my porch, barking at passers-by and waving my
stick at passing traffic in between sending with a bug key.  Will I then be a
fully-fledged, 100 percent cw op? ......

  cheers

  Dave G0OIL

David Rollitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          HI,

  I recently made a few QSO's during the All Asia CW test, the exchange in the
AA Test is RS(T) and Age for OM's.
  Having checked my contacts I found the average age was 49.1!!
  I wonder if anyone else checked their contacts this way.

  It will be interesting to do the same thing with the SSB test coming up ( I
think) in September.

  73
  David G3XYP