I also have had the same problem for quite a while and it's quite annoying.

My setup has a cablemodem and router.

I believe that the telnet source asks for periodic acks and times
out when the ack doesn't come.

I would like to see dx4win changed to re-connect automatically
when such a time-out occurs.

Larry Alkoff N2LA

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:03:57 -0500, Alan Clark wrote:

>I have recently converted from a dial-up to an ISP to get my DX Spots to a
>Cable Modem.  Since converting to the cable modem I notice that it times out
>and goes off line without any notification.  All I notice is that I am not
>getting spots any more.  Works fine when I dial up the ISP, but with the
>cable modem it times out.  Any insight to a solution?
>
>Alan, N5PA

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX