Seems to me e-gold is in it for the money.  nothing really altruistic.

there has been little effort to expend e-gold into the commercial community.
Take a look at the list of merchants on their directory.  Less than 20  for a
multi million dollar business?

If you are going to assess a company you do it not only by their financial
status but by their good will and social standing in the community and a host
of other things.

It seems to me that e-gold would rather take a back stage role in the gold
community  and leave it to others (such as the newly launched Standard
Reserve?  who seem more equipped to work at the coal face) than enter the
foray of the commercial world.

I think these is a definite place for a similar start up who is prepared to
interface with the world of commerce.  A big launch into the world of
merchants  (you have to start somewhere) with the message of security and no
charge backs would make many of them sit up and take notice.  That would
attract your clients eager to avoid the security issues of credit cards in the
'net'.

Yes some time and money would be required but the possibilities are boundless.

Anyone interested in a start up of this nature? contact me.

Besides. e-gold could do with a little competition as well,  might lift their
game somewhat.