Viking Coder wrote:

> The credit card companies have one thing over e-gold that will make it
> hard to break into the "popular offline" group; namely, credit.
>
> To get the popular offline group will mean recruiting the merchants before
> recruiting the consumers.
>
> Is anybody working on a POS (point of service) terminal to allow
> (somewhat) offline e-gold transactions to occur?

The credit card companies have more than credit to offer. They have dynamic
catalog and order processing systems in place. I have yet to see one with
e-gold. I asked Internetsecure and DXShop to implement a single button on their
great catalog/order processing system for e-gold. This button would simply be
another choice of payment mode for the customer. To date nothing has happened.
Perhaps the lack of a fee is missing? To my knowledge there is no way for these
processors to "get paid" during the transaction. But for whatever reason they
are reticent to implement. I for one would pay extra each month for this tiny
additional service.

--
Life, Love and Laughter,
Dale Pond