> My question was aimed to towards an offline POS module. It would be like
> the card swiping terminals you see at the grocery store, gas station,
> etc... Is anybody working on something like that?

There's the WAP interface, but that has obvious limitations.

It seems to me that one of the problems with a POS machine is that the payer
would have to type his password into a machine belonging to someone else.
I'd rather see Alan Greenspan naked than do that. You might just as well
print up T-shirts with your account number and password on them.