> > that's all), he will invariable choose to have more wealth at the expense
> > of his freedom.
>
> It is just the opposite: freedom and wealth go together.  Giving up
> freedom
> leads to poverty not wealth.

Maybe the confusion is in what type of wealth is being talked
about. There's earned wealth and there's stolen wealth. Usually
people give up degrees of freedom to the politicians and bureaubrats
when they are promised/given stolen wealth.

I find it hard to believe that the first recipients of FDR's
Social Security benefits didn't know they where getting something
nothing.

The snow ball keeps getting bigger. At some point the wealth creators
start leaving the legal jurisdiction. Then at some point there are
not enough of the wealth creators left for the politicians and their
constituants to steal enough from. Then more and more of those who
are used to living off of stolen wealth (to what ever extent) are
screwed (to what ever extent).

Bob