Viking Coder wrote:

> The main question again is - Why should e-gold bother?

To make money. That's the *point* to being in business.
To *increase* gross revenue. To increase shareholders' value.

> They don't need the money, which is usually the primary reason for hosting
> advertising.

Huh? Where did you ever get an idea like that?

Do you believe that e-gold should keep it's growth rates slower
than they can be?

> They can't offer anything other than untargeted ads without violating
> their user & privacy agreements.

Untargeted ads is what's needed.

> They could end up alienating users who don't want to see ads when using a
> service that they are paying for.

They could (and it looks like they already have) alienate serious
businesses who want to use e-gold *if* they can communicate with
most e-gold users, which they cannot do now.

Which has the better net effect for e-gold? I can't objectively
say. But the banner ad concept on the spend page is screaming at
me: DO IT!

The founding of Amazon was brilliant.
The founding of e-gold was brilliant.

Do they have what it takes to succeed and compete in the long
run? That's another whole story. It's not clear to me at all.

Is e-gold running scared, looking over it's shoulder at it's
competition? Not that I can see.

Bob

--
            http://www.bearerinstruments.com

         A Directory of Web sites and Internet
          presences accepting non-fiat monies.

http://www.bearerinstruments.com/assets/BIMDsPGPkey.txt
650C 51DA 734F 697F 5706 3D6A 7712 BCC9 D1AE 00BA