> On the other hand, making people pay to avoid being spammed by some
> official list will just annoy the hell out of them, and make them switch
> to GoldMoney.

Being forced to dig around in the acct pages just to turn off that
'convenience' would also annoy the hell out of people. A new user creates
an account and in a few days is barraged with e-gold related spam. Does
anybody like getting lots of spam after signing up for a new service?
Receiving 0.00001 oz. silver (~4/1000 US cent) would be not acceptable
compensation for me.

I would rather have the e-gold's techs work on continually improving, and
maintaining, the system rather than work on making it easier for me to
receive even more worthless spam. If e-gold did implement this, it's
function as a currency could be shadowed by it's function as a
get-paid-to-read-mail outlet. What's to stop a company from advertising on
the e-gold spamlist and only accepting plastic on their site?

All who want e-gold to be turned into a get-paid-to-read-mail program,
please raise your hand.

Viking Coder