SnowDog wrote:

> > > All who want e-gold to be turned into a get-paid-to-read-mail program,
> > > please raise your hand.
> >
> > With the idea of spamdonations being out there now and trivial to
> > implement, I see little way to prevent it.
>
> I think everyone would go for it, if they could choose the amount of gold
> that would have to be spent to their account before they would be notified.
> Set the value at 10 grams and make a fortune. Of course, at that price, you
> probably wouldn't get any spam payments.

It would become a matter of bidding, almost. Set it low and you could
make like a whale and scoop up a slew of tiny spam payments. Set it high
and catch a few bif fish. And from the advertisers perspectives, they
would have to work out an optimal spend amount that people are
interested in, or have "opt in for larger amounts" lists, and so on.

I'm all for it. If I don't want spam I can just set it up to "one kilo".
Anyone who wants to send me one kilo of gold, I will gladly read
whatthefuckever they choose to attach to it :-)

Only trouble wth this is that the ad people are blinded to the amount
they need to spend. Perhaps another of those nifty graphs of
accounts-by-mass?

So for e-gold what they should do is

- allow email notifies of spends along with the memo
- allow turning it off or setting a minimum
- graph the minima by number of accounts