Viking Coder wrote:

> Being forced to dig around in the acct pages just to turn off that
> 'convenience' would also annoy the hell out of people.

So it's offered as an option in the setup screens, "notify me if
somebody pays me", and the default is "don't". Spends will still go onto
the statements, they just won't result in users recieving emails.

Or perhaps even better:

(*) never notify me, I'll read it online if I want to
( ) always notify me
( ) only notify when I recieve more than [_____] grams

> All who want e-gold to be turned into a get-paid-to-read-mail program,
> please raise your hand.

With the idea of spamdonations being out there now and trivial to
implement, I see little way to prevent it.