<SNIP>
> Over 300 schemes offering guaranteed high-yield returns on e-gold
> investments can be found on Yahoo Groups alone
<SNIP>
> Can you list 300 legitimate merchants that accept e-gold?
<SNIP>

Just because (and I'll take your word for it) you found 300 HYIPs accepting
e-gold on YahooGroups doesn't mean that all or any of these constitute most
or any significant proportion of e-gold's transaction volume. How can you
know if any of their claims are true?

I have only heard of a few HYIPs using e-gold over two or three years, and
if I wasn't on this list I probably would not have heard of even them.
Months (or longer) ago when the HYIP subject came up some of us posted joke
(or simply hopeful) HYIP offers to this list. I highly doubt if *anyone*
ever sent much more than two cents worth of e-gold to someone because of
that. Are these then counted as e-gold HYIPs? To find these schemes on
YahooGroups suckers would have to go looking for them, or would have to have
their e-mail address added to the list without their permission (which is
easy to remedy in YahooGroups)!

While I condemn any form of false advertising, dishonest schemes or
confidence trickery against the gullible and even not so gullible, the fact
that people want (and will use devious or simply industrious means to
convince) others to give them e-gold serves only as PROOF that e-gold is
real, valuable MONEY.

As JP says: e-gold is to money as e-mail is to letters!

Ian Green
http://two-cents-worth.com/?107242

Did you know that the new e-gold Secure Random Keypad can
help you to protect your passphrase from both keystroke & mouse-
click "sniffing" trojan viruses? You can find out more about computer
security at: http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/home_networks.html