At 08:33 PM -0400 08/20/2001, Bob wrote:
>Now there may be some "under certain circumstances" derivatives
>other than these so called GBCs, but I don't know of any. Do you?

Gosh, I'd say just about any comodity plays like that. Presumably,
it's planned that 99% or so of the people who trade in pork bellies
never will "redeem" a contract for them, but as long as about 1%
of the players CAN, it doesn't matter at all, and all contracts tend
to settle *without* most owners ever having to worry about what to
do with an unexpected truckload of bacon -- they want and get a
check instead, and they go buy their bacon at the store!

Maybe I'm not "getting" this, but I think the answers are all in the
user agreements. The weird thing (to me) is, there are now FAR
more ways to get lots more kinds of physical gold for your e-gold
than there ever were in the "days of the coins," and to me the
only other difference is semantic, between "get" and "redeem" I
end up with a piece of yellow metal in my hand if I want it.
JMR

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.