> Dollars are only worth what people are willing to exchange them for.
>  The dollar is accepted worldwide because of the stability of the US
> Government, not because it is actually worth anything.  When the US
> falls into a deep recession the value of the dollar will not be much.
>  That is why the Fed is scrambling to try to stop it.

I don't get to this point. The dollar has value BECAUSE it is a debt token.
All dollars in existence are on loan to somebody, from some bank, someplace.
Because these debts have to be re-paid, the value of the dollar is assured.
The Fed can trash the dollar only by loaning out MORE dollars, not by
retiring existing debt.

SnowDog

Did you know that e-metal is a wonderful holiday gift? Avoid the hassle this year!