> I thought James Turk at Goldmoney said all the fraud was at E-Gold?
>
> He railed on and on about this issue awhile back -- I guess his admin team
> better get in there and police their own Glass House before throwing
stones!

It's a natural problem with an industry like this, where the accounts are
opened without identity checks. Even IF the account in question is frozen,
the scam will continue. The thief will simply give a new account number to
his next victim, and immediately remove the money from the system as soon as
he receives it. It's the same problem that any money transmitter has, even
Western Union, American Express, and others. The solution is for law
enforcement to track some of these thieves down, to scare the rest away.
However, when I called the Secret Service a couple of years ago, they told
me that they will NOT investigate any case of internet fraud, unless there
is evidence that the thief took more than $25,000. That's the limit and it's
too high.

Craig