On Sunday, March 17, 2002, at 10:14 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I would like to know what the deal is with Spam.

The deal is that you got ripped off if you bought a list of email
addresses,
and that http://www.e-gold.com/unsecure/policy.htm says that if you spam
about e-gold they'll value-limit your account (and possibly also take other
actions). I don't WANT the first time people hear about e-gold to be in a
spam message!

You know it's annoying. You think it might be illegal. You're considering
it
anyway (and have wasted some money in the process...). Things don't
look good from here, but I hope I've convinced you to reconsider if it's
about e-gold.   FWIW, more than half of my spam is about accepting
credit cards (but that doesn't make spamming about e-gold right!).
JMR