Sending unsolicited commercial or propaganda or virus or chain-letter etc.
e-mails *IS SPAM* REGARDLESS of whether an unsubscribe method is offered!
The "law" is not relevant to whether this is considered spamming, *people*
consider it to be spam!

Yes, hosting companies pull the plug on you if you spam, but aside from
that, spam promoters promise that even a tiny percentage of sales from bulk
e-mail can generate strong sales when multiplied by vast quantities of
spam, however this is easily topped by the percentage of ill-will and
potential vengeance multiplied by vast quantities of spam!

Will these become the new crimes of the 21st century?

         Vigilantes tracking down and beating senseless
         the clueless fools who flood the world with spam!

         Spam queen murdered, while her entire customer list
         suffers devastating electronic attacks!

         Spectacular explosion splatters San Francisco spammer
         as megaphone voice shouts
         "NO!!! Credit cards will NOT explode my sales!!! ...
         but they will bl**dy well explode YOU!!!

At 10:14 PM 17/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
<SNIP>
>Can somebody please tell me what the law is?
>I was told that if I gave the reader the option to unsubscribe
>it would not be considered Spam, is there any truth to this?
>Does anyone know what happends if you are accused of spaming?
>Is it your hosting company that follows throught with it?
<SNIP>

Ian Green
http://two-cents-worth.com/?107242&EG
e-gold estas monda mono! [Esperanto]