> He would need a pin number to clean out your account with an ATM. That's
> what he wouldn't need with an internet transaction, and why the ATM
> withdrawal is harder to reverse.

Maybe it would be a credit card then. I don't know because I've never used
mine to do a cash withdrawal.

At any rate this actually happened to various Wall St. businessmen unknown
to each other who happened to frequent some of the Big Apple's finer eating
establishments. Large amounts of cash were being withdrawn from their
accounts via ATMs in California and other far away places while they were
still eating at times so at least they had evidence that they were
elsewhere. This went on for a while until the credit card companies smelled
a rat and started investigating.

What they found was that the same thing was happening to folks dining at
some of the better California restaurants as well.
A thorough investigation revealed instances of waiters who were recruited by
the mob to secretively swipe the data from the patrons cards using little
hand held readers before the actual charge was processed. They received the
tidy sum of between $10 and $25 for each card returned to the mob who in
turn made clones. It's interesting to note that they didn't waste their time
targeting Hardees and McDonald customers. And Believe it or Not, you can buy
a clip on credit card reader on the internet that is disguised to look like
a pager.

Joe
www.loavesandfishessoupkitchen.com