We can accept our own Maestro cards to purchase e-gold. We may shortly
also be accepting cards issued by Lateko (Cirrus and Maestro branded
cards) for purchase of e-gold via virtual ATM. If there is a demand we
can do it. But I'm not sure what the point would be really? Is it not
easier to fund the e-gold account directly than to fund the card using a
similar method then use it to buy e-gold...

Any opinions?

As for debit cards being "grossly overlooked" or a "debit card being
considered hard payment" well Joe, I'm afraid as merchants are
concerned, debit cards and credit cards are exactly the same species and
even a personal check from an unknown person is probably a safer method
of accepting payment. If you doubt this, just try ordering goods from
Amazon with your debit card, then when you get the goods you call your
bank and tell them you don't remember ordering anything from Amazon...
that way you will get the money back no questions asked, and you get to
keep the goods, and no authorities will have the slightest interest in
prosecuting you for fraud although theoretically that's what it is. It
really is that simple.

I didn't know GoldNow offered a two-way system, but in theory they
could. You see accepting your own debit cards is entirely different,
because if you issue them you can fix the rules regarding chargebacks
and you also have much more information to check transactions against
fraud.

Nick
Fidex