> > True, but Pecunix also has a 2% above spot purchase cost, so you have to
> > hold for 2 years before Pecunix will work out cheaper than the gold ETF.
>

> And a gold coin may have 8-10% markup, so you would have to wait 8 years.
> But DGCs are a good intermediary between the new ETF and gold in your
hand,
> and have a markup somewhere in between.

The goldcoin is a little different, because I will often be able to sell
with an 8-10% markup too.
So, that a big difference.
If a buy a coin with 10% markup, the next day it is still worth 10% above
spot and you will likely be able to sell it for not much less than what you
paid the day before.

But with e-gold you pay 2% above spot, and when you try sell it again the
next second you only get spot rate (unless you find somebody who wants to
give you more). So, with e-gold the 2% premium is lost immediately.
That's not the case with coins.

Danny