> From: "Danny Van den Berghe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:48:02 +0300
> To: "e-gold Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [e-gold-list] Re: gold ETF and GDC

> The goldcoin is a little different, because I will often be able to sell
> with an 8-10% markup too. So, that a big difference. If a buy a coin with 10%
> markup, the next day it is still worth 10% above
> spot and you will likely be able to sell it for not much less than what you
> paid the day before.

> But with e-gold you pay 2% above spot, and when you try sell it again the
> next second you only get spot rate (unless you find somebody who wants to
> give you more). So, with e-gold the 2% premium is lost immediately.
> That's not the case with coins.

I don't know where you buy your gold coins but there is quite a gap between
the price a coin store charges you and the price they will pay you if you
want to sell your gold coin. This is what happens if you buy the coin and
sell it the "next second" as you say.

Maybe you could sell it to an individual for more, but who are you going to
sell to, a random joe on the street? You would have to find somebody anyway.

John
---
http://cambist.net