> where we learn of the first tyrant that "seized
> everyone's gold and silver, giving back paper money
> in return. He made rejecting the paper money a
> capital offense."

--- Isn't this again comparing apples with pears?
The example does NOT show any exchange practices between paper and gold,
does it? If it's illegal to own gold, how can it be exchanged?

> possibly also interesting:
> http://www.bible-history.com/backd2/moneychangers.html
> where it is stated that "the priestly authorities [biblical
> moneychangers] took a large percentage on every transaction"

Priestly authorities are temple tax collectors not exchangers. They were
enting the spots in the outer yard to traders and exchangers and taking a
percentage of their trades.

IN AURORUM VERITAS

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html