i've never heard it specifically or seen it but i
understand there's a rasgeado in flamenco in which the
little finger is used in conjunction with but
independent of what's happening with the other
fingers.

--- "Eugene C. Braig IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 04:06 PM 10/17/2005, Paul Pleijsier wrote:
> >Eugene wrote:
> >
> >>I have spent so much time playing with my hand
> wholly free of the
> >>soundboard, that trying to play with my pinkie
> planted (or even gliding
> >>lightly along the table) serves as a great
> hindrance, even on my 19th-c.
> >>guitars.
> >
> >I wonder, could there be a relation between pinky
> technique and no-nail
> >playing?
>

> Perhaps.  I keep nails because, on the rare events
> that I am paid to play,
> it is on modern guitar.  However, I keep my nails
> strongly tapered on the
> attack side and can play with little or no nail on
> earlier guitars and lute
> relatives.
>
> Best,
> Eugene

"and thus i made...a small vihuela from the shell of a creepy crawly..." - Don
Gonzalo de Guerrero (1512), "Historias de la Conquista del Mayab" by Fra Joseph
of San Buenaventura.  go to:  http://www.charango.cl/paginas/quieninvento.htm

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com