Thank you for the website and the phrase that caught
my eye was:

Whether or not yields are enhanced by diveristy
remains an open question. However, there is no
question that harvesting grasslands, even
low-diversity and degraded grasslands, enhances their
biodiversity.

Hopefully, funding agencies will start supplying funds
so we, as scientist, can answer this question more
fully. In Nebraska, using corn for ethanol is a big
political move by politicians and hopefully we can
start using the natural grasslands and benefit from
the natural landscape and move away from monocultures.

I have enjoyed the discussion

Michael Mellon

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com