I have not read this manuscript yet because I don't have a subscription.

However,
why would the findings in this paper be any more or less fanatical
than any other paper on climate change studies?
They use the best available data and try to project possible risk.

Insulting statements such as labeling Global Warming experts as
fanatics is inappropriate and rude.

This paper, if it stands the test of time and if the short summary is
backed up by the internal text, is an important finding and good news.
We should be happy about this, not angry.  However, it could in all
right be as right or wrong as any other study.

If one is exceptionally excited about this finding supporting one's
political agenda or views, then one should be equally dismayed by the
hoards of other studies that are weighing against them.  There are
more problems with climate change than sea level rise.

Thankfully, sea level rise may end up being less severe than
previously thought.  Of course, temperature rise is currently being
projected as more severe than previously modeled.

Hopefully the whole disaster will be  invalidated, but I'm not keeping
my hopes up on that one.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Fall Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Landscape Ecology: T,R 10-11:40 pm
Environmental Physiology: MW 1-2:40 pm
Seminar: T 2:30-3:30pm
Genetics: M 6-10pm
Office Hours:  M 3-6, T: 12-2, W: 3-4

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"   W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
        and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
        MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not