The fact that increased concentrations of greenhouse gasses in our atmosphere
are causing global climate change, much more serious than just global warming,
should not be controversial.  The pace at which it is occurring, what climate
changes will occur where and when, what the impacts of these changes will be,
whether we have reached the point where change becomes irreversible, etc.
should be the subject of debate and continued research.  The only reason why
climate change is controversial is greed - too many of us are unwilling to make
the sacrifices which will be necessary to insure that our environment is
protected for future generations.

Robert Mowbray