Keep in mind that all these various estimates of sea level rise are just
that...estimates.  An estimate of a parameter is only as good as the data
and the methodology used to calculate the estimate.  It seems to me that
most published estimates are indicating an increase in sea level rise and
that is really all we can safely concluded from the collective wisdom of
the various studies and publications.  Averaging across studies (which I
have not done) would probably show that an average of the averages is
positive.

When there are a slew papers predicting no increase or a decline in sea
level, then we can declare Al Gore et al. reactionary idiots.

Also, I read in the New York Times that flossing and regular brushing will
take care of most gum diseases.  In that same news paper I read that the
solutions to estimated sea level rise are somewhat more complicated.

Conor P. McGowan, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
USGS, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
12100 Beech Forest Rd.