To: <ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Why should I care about mass extinciton?

Global warming is a ruse. There is no evidence contemporary global
warming will cause sea level rise, for example. Sea levels are pretty
high anyways. warm the atmosphere, more water goes into the air, more is
cycled onto land. Will sea levels rise? Will it make some great
difference, especially with respect to mass extinction? I, at least
don't see it. More storms? Even if so, so what? heat waves? Is that a
joke? It surely is silly.

Habitat conversion is the sole cause of human induced mass extinctions.
When we advocate on the issue of CO2, we are buying into a meaningless
ruse that more and more looks like nothing more than a means to generate
revenue for people who want to invest in wind and solar power
distribution.

Rob Hamilton

"So easy it seemed once found, which yet
unfound most would have thought impossible"

John Milton

Robert G. Hamilton
Department of Biological Sciences
Mississippi College
P.O. Box 4045
200 South Capitol Street
Clinton, MS 39058
Phone: (601) 925-3872
FAX (601) 925-3978

This communication may contain confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient or if you are not authorized to receive it,
please notify and return the message to the sender.  Unauthorized
reviewing, forwarding, copying, distributing or using this infomration
is strictly prohibited.

malcolm McCallum <malcolm.mccal...@herpconbio.org> 5/22/2009 9:34
PM >>>

You are correct.  Joe and Jane just don't care.

Our ethical structure is based on anthropocentrism, and until the
overall philosophy of
modern society changes, we must operate within that realm.  The
problem is they are
also EXTREMELY short-sighted.

The upside?

Remember in Star Wars Episode 1 when Quagon (sp?) says that "greed can
be a powerful ally?"

Well this is true of all vices.

So what about anthropocentrism and short-sightedness can be capitalized
on?

Rather than trying to change the world, something that takes forever,
maybe we should
be trying to work within its bounds????

So, what can we as leaders identify to accomplish our agenda to "save
the rest of the world and humanity from humanity?"

Anyone care to brainstorm????

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Brendan Rogers <brog...@gmail.com>