I didn't really have anything specific in mind regarding what you
listed.  In fact, though most general bio programs are divided up in
tracts of the programs you listed.  I guess I wasn't really looking at
 specialized programs when I posed the question but graduate or
undergraduate, generalized or specialized should not really matter all
that much.

I hear all of the time people say "That school has a good program" or
"that school's program is weak."
But really, what makes it good vs weak?

I felt it basically boiled down to the following, but wanted to see if
others had different or refined views:

1) Coursework is sufficiently rigorous for students to move on into
good jobs or postgraduate study.
2) students leaving the program succeed in later pursuits.
3) faculty are trained in the subjects they teach
4) courses have sufficient facilities and resources to be effective
5) courses from other disciplines (chemistry/physics/math, &c) provide
suffienct depth for biologists.

This is just off the top of my head and pretty open-ended.

Malcolm