The Arkansas event included starlings, as well as red-winged blackbirds.  For
all we know, some other birds were affected, but most birds do not flock in
many thousands together, and so a kill would not be as likely to be noted.
Red-winged blackbirds, and to a lesser extent starlings, do.  Starlings often
flock with blackbirds, and so would be likely to be affected with them.

Despite the suggestion that fireworks are an unlikely cause, a large fireworks
display was reported to have occurred in Beebe near the time of the event.  So
was severe weather reported in the area.

 David McNeely

--
David McNeely