---- malcolm McCallum <malcolm.mccal...@herpconbio.org> wrote:
> THis may be complete coincidence, but about a month ago (and I'm on the
> Arkansas/Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma border) my spouse and I were commenting
> that it seemed like there were fewer large flocks of birds flying by our
> house this year.
>
> The way we take such great care of this planet, its a wonder anything is

Though I'm not an expert on bird flocks and geographic loyalty, it has always
seemed to me that the gigantic flocks of blackbirds move about from year to
year.  They may roost in the same location for several years, and then for
whatever reason, abandon that place for another.  It may have to do with
availability of foods (large cultivated grain fields post harvest are favorite
feeding areas), which are also ephemeral.

You are certainly right about our care for the planet.

DMc