Are you implying that there are lies, damned lies, statistics, and
implementation guides?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Kazzaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 4:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: EDI Document Guidelines

This reminds of a dialogue I had, about a dozen years ago, when I inquired
as to why certain organizations did not align their implementation guides.
The dialogue went something like the following:

Me>  Why don't you align your implementation guide with the others in the
industry?
Other> Because the suppliers have to do what we dictate, after all we are
the customer.
Me> Does that mean that when I purchase from you, then I can set the
implementation guide?
Other> Oh no, we have millions of customers, we cannot customize our
implementation for every person or organization purchasing from us.
Me>  Well, what about the U.S. Government, they are a big customer, do they
dictate the implementation guide?
Other> No, we are a very large tax payer, the government has to follow our
dictates.

At this point I switched subjects and tried to get agreement on the weather.

Dan Kazzaz

 -----Orig