Laurent Szyster wrote:

> Wrong.
>
> XML is a markup meta-language, that is a language to define
> document structure. If we these documents are input or output
> for an application, then the XML DTD are the interface definition.

I don't agree. XML is a markup language. The DTD might be regarded
as a meta-language which defines the XML "language".

Who cares anyway?

> Actually, XML - as a meta-language - provides a lot more feature
> than EDIFACT or X12.

As neither X12 or EDIFACT are markup languages and XML is, such a
comparison is meaningless.

I could say an apple provides more features than a motor car. The
immediate question is "for what?".

--
Ken Steel
ICARIS Services