I must have been brain dead when I read this and didn't respond.
Sterling (and probably other VANS) wraps the data at column 80.  Your
translator should have a setting (at least the Sterling translators do)
to read this and interpret it correctly.

For reading pleasure, what I usually do is (1) remove all of the
<0d><0a> and then (2) replacing all of the end of line terminators (look
at the data and see what it is) with <0d><0a>.  I've got a nice little
dos filefix utility that I use called CHANGE.EXE.

Or you can just learn to read 80 character cards :)

Robert Dakin wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:20:52 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I am having trouble with an EDI file having line returns in the middle of
> >elements, etc., which is causing our translator to reject the document.  Our
> >EDI software is Harbinger TLE for NT, v 4.2.  Is there anyone out there who
> >has experienced this problem?  I am curious to know if there is anything
> >that I can do on my end to control carriage returns, etc., in an inbound
> >document.  Thanks for everyone's help.
> >

> Our Zipper translator has an option to ignore cr's and LF's in
> incoming documents.  In our experience, if they are present then
> they usually occur every 80 characters.   The punch card is not
> quite dead!
>
> Cheers,
> Robert
> Dr Robert Dakin
> Dakin Technology
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Home page:   http://www.pcug.org.au/~daktec/
> Tel: +61 2 6255 1436  Fax: +61 2 6255 1304
>
> ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
> To signoff the EDI-L list,  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To subscribe,               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian Lehrhoff ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
EDI Consultant
eB2B Commerce
973-276-3114