On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:20:52 -0500, you wrote:

>I am having trouble with an EDI file having line returns in the middle of
>elements, etc., which is causing our translator to reject the document.  Our
>EDI software is Harbinger TLE for NT, v 4.2.  Is there anyone out there who
>has experienced this problem?  I am curious to know if there is anything
>that I can do on my end to control carriage returns, etc., in an inbound
>document.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Our Zipper translator has an option to ignore cr's and LF's in
incoming documents.  In our experience, if they are present then
they usually occur every 80 characters.   The punch card is not
quite dead!

Cheers,
Robert
Dr Robert Dakin
Dakin Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home page:   http://www.pcug.org.au/~daktec/
Tel: +61 2 6255 1436  Fax: +61 2 6255 1304

ннннннннннннннннннннннни signoff the EDI-L list,
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]