From: al-noor dramsi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>We are using GENTRAN Server for Windows NT4 but we have a
problem with the
>communication script with GEIS FRANCE. We tried to solve this
problem with
>Commerce Network Support and GEIS Support, without result. ( I
have also
>mailed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] without any significant
result).

>I know that some of you are using GENTRAN Server for Win NT and
hope that
>you can help me as Sterling Commerce is unable to help their
customers.

We are also a Sterling customer, in fact a reseller. We have
several clients
using GENTRAN and GEIS to do EDI with certain very large TPs.
(GEIS being the
VAN used by one of these TPs.)

Sterling was completely unable to get GENTRAN to work with GEIS,
nor could
we solve this problem on our own.

We configured GENTRAN to use the "File System Gateway" for
traffic with this
TP (the FSG leaves outbound interchanges in a designated Windows
directory,
and gets inbound interchanges from another).

Then we used GEIS' old EDI-CONNECT product to do the dial-up,
send, and
receive to/from GEIS. A small C++ "Daemon" moved interchange
files between
the FSG directory and the EDI-CONNECT directory.

This might seem a little crude, but it worked well. Our clients
have
exchanged hundreds of thousands of documents with this TP.

More recently, we have set up newer clients to use Sterling
CommerceNet.
Amazingly, GENTRAN has no problem working with CommerceNet. The
Trading
Partners have to set up an "interconnect" between CommerceNet and
GEIS,
but this is a routine procedure.

So there we have two answers to Mr. (Or is it Ms.?? Isn't the
Dowager Queen
of Jordan named Noor?) Dramsi's problem. Neither is what was
asked for,
but either one will work.