I dont think this is a case were the 855 is being sent before the 850.  When
your customer orders via the telephone and the customer entry team enters the PO
information (850) that is just a manual why of receiving the 850.  You then send
your 855 for that manual 850 that was entered.

Also someone mentioned that there customers have been going to a market place to
place an order.  Still the purchase order (850) is being created first.  yes, in
both cases the first EDI transaction is the 855 but, also in both cases some
kind of order is created first.

Anthony Whitehead
Technology Enablement
Andersen Consulting

=->Our company does this. It is a matter of customer relations with one of our
=->larger customers.  It work likes this: a buyer from customer calls one of
=->our salespersons to place an order; the salesperson enters the order into
=->our ordering system; when the order is approved an 855, order confirmation
=->is sent to the customer; when the customer receives the 855 it is
=->automatically entered into their order system and saves rekeying on their
=->part.  Maybe this is a reverse procedure but it does help maintain good
=->relations with this customer.
=->