Kurt,

just to add a bit of 'international flavo(u)r' in an answer to your
question, I looked up what the maximum length would be in a UN/EDIFACT
message using the 'LIN' segment. The maximum length for data element
7140 is 35 characters. Surely if this is a workable limit
internationally it would be adequate to have this in your application
as well.

best regards,

Erlend Nagel - DHL.