From: Richard Druckenmiller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 10:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: XML Mapper

I can only assume that you work for nordstrom.com based on your email
address.  Did you know your site (www.nordstrom.com) uses
Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000?  I am not sure what the best solution
is for cleaning coffee of your keyboard after you spit it up on your
screen.  Reminds me of the tower fly by scene in the movie Top Gun.
It's all down hill below from here my friend:

"Welsh, David" wrote:

> sorry, but I couldn't resist this morning :
> 1. if I may be so bold on Rachel's part, her point seems to be you can
only
> go to Microsoft for BizTalk. Isn't this why Dept of Justice is trying to
> bust us MS ?

I did not understand your question - MS is being tried because they
don't offer more than one solution?!? What does the MS Antitrust case
have anything to do with how bad/good their technology is???  I thought
that Clinton/Gore's Dept of Justice just hated success.  Your and my
opinion of 125 year old Sherman Antitrust law is no better or worse than
Thomas P. Jackson's - it's just that he is in a position of authority
over this case and we are not.

> 2. re. Amazon.com, they're one of the most fervant Unix shops anywhere,
> particularily on the store front and back store ops. MS isn't even a heavy
> word in their IT vocabulary. I don't even think they use MS Exchange.

I did NOT say they did use MS technology.  My point was that someone
with a technology that can adapt more quickly than their competitor will
win.  BTW, these sites use MS technology buy.com, uBid.com,
OfficeDepot.com, Nasdaq.com, ESPN.com, AskJeeves.com, EddieBauer.com,
Dell.com, and Monster.com.

> 3. "MS lightyears ahead of the crowd with DNA", ... eh'm ..... well if you
> could substantiate that against other concepts (something like comparing
> apples and oranges maybe) then  I think you're up against some pretty deep
> discussion.
> 4. isn't Biztalk just Beta and not scheduled to come production for
another
> year ?? Do you like playing with such raw code, something even MS doesn't
> say is street production ready ?

Price you pay of being on the cutting edge.  Effective change is brought
about by those willing to stick their neck out.

> 5. a browser (for a human being) is your idea of a thin client !??
> Application integration ? Sorry but I thought we were discussing EDI ?
> 6. contests ?? OK, let's see MS play inside of an ebXML Proof of Concept
> since the rest of the world is looking that way.

I'd be leery of anything that came out of the UN and what the "rest of
the world" is doing.

> Time for my morning coffee.

I'v already jagged you once about coffee - although tempting...won't do
it again.

-RD

Richard Druckenmiller