David,

Thanks. You've said it far more eloquently that I could have.

Personally re MS and ebXML I'm very dismayed that MS has chosen not to
participate, even after a personal on-site visit and invitation from
the ebXML Exeuctive Committee. There are many opportunities to provide
competitive products and services in the electronic commerce space.
However, there has to be a standard base on which all can build, and I
believe that ebXML can provide that for the XML-based information
exchanges. It's just disappointing that MS won't join us in this
effort.

Rachel

sorry, but I couldn't resist this morning :
1. if I may be so bold on Rachel's part, her point seems to be you can
only
go to Microsoft for BizTalk. Isn't this why Dept of Justice is trying
bust us MS ?
2. re. Amazon.com, they're one of the most fervant Unix shops
anywhere,
particularily on the store front and back store ops. MS isn't even a
heavy
word in their IT vocabulary. I don't even think they use MS Exchange.
3. "MS lightyears ahead of the crowd with DNA", ... eh'm ..... well if
you
could substantiate that against other concepts (something like
comparing
apples and oranges maybe) then  I think you're up against some pretty
deep
discussion.
4. isn't Biztalk just Beta and not scheduled to come production for
another
year ?? Do you like playing with such raw code, something even MS
doesn't
say is street production ready ?
5. a browser (for a human being) is your idea of a thin client !??
Application integration ? Sorry but I thought we were discussing EDI ?
6. contests ?? OK, let's see MS play inside of an ebXML Proof of
Concept
since the rest of the world is looking that way.

Time for my morning coffee.

Dave