-----Original Message-----
From: Electronic Data Interchange Issues
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Patrick Sczypiorski
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Need input on quality EDI products.

Wes,
        I am also investigating EDI solutions for implementation on our
AS/400. In fact, I recently submitted a request for some feedback regarding
some of the products I have been investigating. I am sorry to say that your
headache with Peregrine(a.k.a. Harbinger) is just the latest in a
surprisingly long list problem/horror stories related to Harbinger support
and sales. I am also looking at Sterling Commerce's
(www.sterlingcommerce.com) Gentran Suite for AS/400, EXtol Integrator AS/400
(www.extol.com) and a solution from Future Three (www.future3.com) and
Synapz (www.synapz.cc) (the last two appear to specialize in automotive
supplier solutions but may have them for other areas as well). At this
point, the different vendors each seem to provide similar functionality with
some variations in one or two areas. The biggest difference up to this point
seems to be in the area of their respective mapping tools. Depending on your
level of expertise and the size of your budget, any of these appear to
provide the opportunity and the appropraite toole sets to move your EDI
project forward to a successful conclusion.

Patrick F. Sczypiorski
Manager of Application Systems
Velvac, Inc
Phone (262) 786-0700 x371