From: Lee LoFrisco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 7:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Odd character as sub-element separator

Why would you want a *subelement separator* to accommodate more than 1
char.?

Typically, there are three separators/terminators in X12.
1. element:  most use '*'
2. subelement: most use '~'
3. segment terminator: most use cr/lf

Hope this helps.

Lee LoFrisco
Sterling Commerce Service Partner Consultant
VoiceMail: 614.210.2706
Cell Phone: 410.963.6218
eFax: 810.277.5002