Sorry,

Here's a cleaned up version of my comments.

Rachel

I've inserted the full quote below so that the individual making the
comment is identified. I do take issue with Mr. Zachmann's assertion
that ebXML is just Sun and a bunch of bureaucrats. Major participation
is also by IBM, Commerce One, Cisco, Intel, OMG, Sterling Commerce,
WebMethods, etc. Now, I will agree with Ken's observation that these
are vendors....but the hope/expectation is that the vendors and ISV's
will incorporate the ebXML specification into their product offerings.
So, I would be more than a bit concerned if the vendors were NOT
participating in a big way.

On the other hand, I've read MS' Biztalk documents and I do agree that
their concept appears to be much more complete and coherent than
others. But that doesn't mean that other concepts/approaches should
not see the light of day....why should anyone abdicate the whole space
to MS? Let them earn it, the old fashioned way, by delivering products
that satisfy needs/solve problems!

<quote>
"I think they (Microsoft) will have real traction with this product,"
said Meta Group vice president Will Zachmann. "Microsoft's story on
this (XML) front is much more coherent than any other companies have
to offer. ...The only real alternative to BizTalk is, ebXML and it's
lame. It's just Sun and a bunch of bureaucrats backing it.
</quote>

Rachel

There is a comment on this at slashdot
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/12/13/1431233&mode=thread)

Interesting that the columnist cites a source well known to be more
than a
little MS friendly, using words like 'lame.'  An indication of how the
mood
of this discussion runs in the general public, as well as on this
list.

The /. threads are also interesting.

Michael J. Cannon