From: Parks, Howard (E) Ext 5288 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 1:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ebXML Passes Critical Interoperability Milestone

It might be helpful to approach this from the point of view of the small
business owner, the printer with 20 employees, and a computer sitting in the
corner running an accounting package, a browser and home-grown Excel
spreadsheet(s) recording jobs and inventory.

Take this person to ebXML.  Will they have to replace their accounting
software, which represents a significant investment in training and
licenses?  Will this provide just a means to get orders and send invoices?
Will the business owner have to turn to a external programmer each time they
want to add a trading partner?

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10