I agree, especially, with the 'widely supported' part. HTTP, web servers,
etc. are so widespread and understood that smaller companies are more able
to implement an EDI solution. For that matter, larger companies could more
easily/cheaply find workers for that end of the EDI work.  Of course, with
this also comes increased problems with security too (ie If more people know
about the inner workings of the transport then more people know how to mess
with it. <g>).

I, too, wish secure FTP were more widespread too. <sigh>

- AHilton