Leda,

Speaking as a developer and vendor of manufacturing, distribution and EDI
translation software, unless your client plans to run R&R EDI, I would like
to suggest that your client select the back-end software to which they plan
to migrate, and then select their EDI translation software so that it can be
integrated with their back-end software.

The cost of an EDI translator is a drop in the bucket compared with the cost
of integrating that translator into the user's back-end software so that,
for example, incoming purchase orders are converted into sales orders,
shippers (and, in some cases, carton contents) are translated into ASN's,
invoices are translated into invoices, etc. without any reentry of data.

There is no end of issues and horror stories faced by members of the this
list about problems with data moving between disparate application software
packages (back-end software and EDI translators), disparate data bases, and
disparate operating systems.

Now, of all times, your client has the freedom to avoid those issues.

Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further.

Best regards,

Dave Taylor
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)