Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: Charging a customer for EDI ???????

Quite correct - WE are the Gorilla in this case. 90% of our trading is as a supplier, but not this time :-)
Thanks a stack for all your excellent input, it confirms my suspicions.

The real story is a little more complicated:
 - Partner X (the one in question) is a logistics supplier - freight, warehousing and the likes.
 - We supply customer ABC. The 'main' contract is between ABC and freight company X, stating to use EDI (3 way EDI communications).
 - Company X will only sends us data (stock movement).
 - They do not seem to have much of an EDI infrastructure to start with (surprising for a large co.)

In effect we are only a 200lb gorilla, with the 800lb Gorilla on the other side and X in the middle. Nevertheless, we are still gorilla, and will let them know what to do with their 'charges'.
The part that confused me was their bold matter-of-fact approach to bill us, sounded like 'this is the norm', hence my asking the list.
Thanks again for all your input.

Michael Pokraka
SAP EDI Analyst
Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 8380-7050
Fax: +44 (0)20 8380-7218
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.