At 04:46 PM 10/25/2004 -0400, Earl Wertheimer wrote <snipped>:

>I use the Internet, email and telephone system without paying a 
>'membership' to
>W3C, IETF or ITU.
>In fact, the internet has thrived and grown precisely because these standards
>are freely available.

As a user, I don't belong to W3C, IETF, or ITU either.  But, the major 
technology vendors *do* belong.  Where does that leave spe-edi.com in 
relation to X12?

>I don't want to become a member of an organization that uses volunteer labour
>and considers charging $10,000 for a machine readable copy of their
>specifications.

"Considers" is the key word here - it is far from a done deal, and I 
personally am opposed to it.  I don't think it will be raised nearly that 
much, since a figure that high passes the price point at which you can hire 
data entry clerks to manually key in the changes from the previous 
version's table data.

>I am not interested in supporting an organization that is able to spend 
>$38,000
>per month for 'occupancy'.

*Was* able to spend - as you'll note from Mr. Anderson's previous reply the 
current figure is significantly less.

I am sorry that you are refusing this invitation to join X12.  As I 
suggested, your lack of commitment to participation and constructive 
contributions to X12's situation can only serve to lessen the impact of 
your concerns.

Regards,


---------------------------------------------------------------
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com
Using XML with Legacy Business Applications (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
www.awprofessional.com/titles/0321154940



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to