Can you use git send-email rather than KMail to send your patches, so
they will be threaded?

On 2016-06-15 16:36:12, Bill Paul wrote:
> A while ago there was some talk of updating the UNIXGCC toolchain to
> support a newer version of GCC and binutils. Unfortunately after almost
> a year, nothing has happened. (I think Ard Biesheuvel said he had plans
> to fix this, but apparently nothing came of this.) In fact things have
> gotten slightly worse.
>
> I've listened to all the various opinions about keeping the UNIXGCC
> toolchain option around, but I still think it's useful, and the fixes to
> update it and make it work again are small, so I'm hoping there won't be
> tremendous resistance them.

I don't think we should 'upgrade' UNIXGCC. Instead, I think we should
deprecate it. I think a better idea would be a MINGWGCC49 toolchain,
but even then, I don't think it is worth-while to maintain a separate
mingw gcc based toolchain.

Any reason that you can't use an elf based GCC 4.9 with the GCC49
toolchain? This is the best supported toolchain for (non OS X)
unix-like environments.

-Jordan