On 2016-06-16 09:19:41, Bill Paul wrote:
> Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Jordan Justen had to
> walk into mine at 18:11:27 on Wednesday 15 June 2016 and say:
>
> > Can you use git send-email rather than KMail to send your patches, so
> > they will be threaded?
>
> You know, I spent about 10 minutes looking over my patches trying to think of
> there was *anything* I'd forgotten to do that someone might nitpick me over
> and for once I thought I'd gotten everything right. I guess should have known
> better.
>
> No, actually, I can't use git send-email. I only have one machine that's
> setup
> to send e-mail and it's not the one I used for development.

Yeah. I've had a similar situation with some temp dev machines. Two
things that I've used in the past are:

1. Push the branch to a personal git repo. Fetch it on the machine
   that can send email. Generate and send the patches.

2. Generate the patches, and copy them to a machine that can send the
   patches. Use git send-email to send the patches.

-Jordan